Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Why chocolate chips in this banana bread?
How to make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is made with ripe bananas and semisweet chocolate morsels. Perfect for dessert or weekend brunch.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3-4 ripe medium-sized bananas
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels + more for sprinkling on top alternately, 1/2 cup chopped nuts + 1/2 cup semisweet morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas and milk. Mash together with a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using a mixing spoon, blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the bananas. Fold in the chocolate chips/nuts. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 1hr 10min or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!